Apply to be a Bonner
How can I become a Bonner Leader?
The Bonner Leaders Program seeks a diverse pool of applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to community service and civic engagement and wish to further develop their leadership skills. Interested students must be eligible for a Federal Work-Study award of at least $2,700. Your community work and weekly enrichment/training will be your work-study job. Only first-year students and transfer students with three years of expected enrollment at Carolina are eligible to apply.
What is the application process?
- The priority deadline for Applications has been extended to August 7th, 2020 at 11:59pm. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after the deadline.
- Click here to APPLY NOW by signing in to our Heel Life page!
- Finalists will be notified week of August 10, 2020.
- Interviews will take place beginning week of August 10, 2020.
- All dates are subject to change based on COVID-19 related updates to operations and applicants will be notified of any changes to this timeline.
What are the program requirements once you become a Bonner Leader?
- Commitment to a community internship (approximately 6-8 hours per week) for 4 years as your work-study assignment;
- Attendance and active participation in training and enrichment activities (2 hours per week on Mondays from 6-8pm) as a component of your work-study assignment;
- The total hours of community work plus weekly training and enrichment activities will be 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your work-study award; and
- Participation in program initiatives hosted by the Bonner Leaders Program, such as All Bonner Retreat, First-Year Experience, Sophomore Exchange, Junior Retreat, and Senior Presentations of Learning.