Apply to be a Bonner
How can I become a Bonner Leader?
The Bonner Leaders Program seeks a diverse pool of applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to community service and civic engagement and wish to further develop their leadership skills. Interested students must be eligible and funded for a Federal Work-Study award of at least $3,000. Your community work and weekly enrichment/training will be your work-study job. Only incoming first-year students and transfer students with three years of expected enrollment at Carolina are eligible to apply.
What is the application process?
- Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will open March 1st, 2022.
- Click here to APPLY NOW by signing in to our Heel Life page!
- Finalists will be notified and interviews will take place in late August.
What are the program requirements once you become a Bonner Leader?
- Commitment to a community internship (approximately 6-8 hours per week) for your entire Carolina experience as your work-study assignment;
- Attendance and active participation in training and enrichment activities (2 hours per week on Mondays from 6-8pm) as a component of your work-study assignment;
- The total hours of community work plus weekly training and enrichment activities will be 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your work-study award; and
- Participation in program initiatives hosted by the Bonner Leaders Program, such as All Bonner Retreat, First-Year Experience, Sophomore Exchange, Junior Retreat, and Senior Presentations of Learning.
For more information about the Carolina Bonner Leaders Program, please follow @bonnerleaders_unc on Instagram, visit our Become a Bonner site, or contact the Bonner Leaders Program Director Yalitza Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the national Bonner network, please visit the Corella and Bertram F. Bonner Foundation website at http://www.bonner.org/.