Apply to be a Bonner
How can I become a Bonner Leader?
The Bonner Leaders Program seeks diverse applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to community service and civic engagement, and wish to further develop their leadership skills. Interested students must be eligible for a Federal Work-Study award because your community work and weekly enrichment/training will be your work-study job. Only first-year students are eligible to apply each year.
What is the application process?
- Applications are due by July 28, 11:59pm, 2017.
- Click here for application. Look in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen after you click to see the downloaded document.
- Finalists will be notified by August 4, 2017.
- Interviews will take place on August 22 and 23, 2017.
- Bonner Leaders will be notified on August 24, 2017.
What are the program requirements once you become a Bonner Leader?
- Commitment to a community internship (approximately 6-8 hours per week) for 4 years as your work-study assignment;
- Attendance and active participation in training and enrichment activities (2 hours per week on Mondays from 6-8pm) as a component of your work-study assignment;
- The total hours of community work plus weekly training and enrichment activities will be 8-10 hours, depending on the size of your work-study award; and
- Participation in class initiatives hosted by the Bonner Leaders Program.